Self Cleaning and Back Washing Filters
The innovative Ronningen-Petter AFR-Series Self Cleaning and Back Washing Filters delivers high-flow filtration of water-like liquids at retentions as low as 1 micron - in a compact one-square-meter footprint. A single AFR-Series equals the performance of an in-line filter only one-fifth the floor space.
AFR-Series minimizes the number of moving parts for low-cost operation and long service life. A single rotating flow diverter replaces multiple valves, actuators, linkages and seals required by other systems.
Like many Eaton filters, AFR-Series uses cleanable media. This core design philosophy futher reduces life-cycle costs and maximizes productivity in your plant by eliminating labor and disposal costs as well as lost production associated with bags and cartridges. Key benefits of AFR-Series include:
- Single system flow rates up to 2,000 gpm (454 m3/hr) with flexibility to meet current and future system capacity demands.
- A broad selection of filter media materials and retentions suitable for a wide range of applications
- Automatic backwashing for operator-free service and minimal backwash effluent (<2% of system volume)
- Isolated top-to-bottom backwash flow ensures complete and efficient media cleaning while continuing to deliver filtered product downstream
- Available ACCUFLUXTM media dramatically increases filter surface area for even higher capacity in the same footprint
- Available with larger filter bodies to handle higher flow rates
How AFR-Series Works
AFR-Series uses a circular configuration of eight tubular filter housings. Process fluid flows in through the bottom inlet to a distribution chamber. Fluid is the distributed to each tube where contaminants are trapped on the outside of the media. Clean fluid exits at the top of the system.
When cleaning is required (triggered by time or pressure differential) the flow diverter in the bottom housing rotates to the tube to be backwashed - closing the inlet flow stream and opening to a drain. The resulting pressure drop directs a portion of the clean process flow downward, flushing the contaminants to the drain.
Click here for more Product Details from Filcon Filters...