Kira Valves & Engineering
KIRA VALVES AND ENGINEERING is a company specialising in the manufacture, modification, reconditioning and trading of valves. General engineering is also an integral part of our business. We would like to be seen as a solution orientated business. Individuals who have an accumulative figure of 55 years of knowledge in the Valve and Engineering industry founded the company. Knowledge transfer would be from design to distribution. The company operates within an ISO 9001-2000 framework.
Our Mission Statement is to exceed our customer’s expectations in quality, delivery and cost through continuous improvement and customer interaction.
We are located in Heriotdale, which is on the outskirts of Johannesburg.
KIRA VALVES AND ENGINEERING supplies a range of imported and locally manufactured valves which are either specialised products or commodity products.
The markets served include Mining, Power generation, Petro-chemical, Food, Pulp and Paper, Iron and Steel and Water works. Our strategic partners, assists us in getting the best possible quality, delivery and price to the customer.
Conventional and CNC Machining can be offered. We are currently the preferred supplier by most of the valve companies for the drilling of valve flanges, reconditioning and modification work. Machining of various materials can be done for an array of components. These units can be manufactured from new parts, drawings or samples. Repairs can also be done to components so that the costs may be kept to a minimal. The success with our various clients has led to the continual growth of the business.
The following machines are part of our asset base.
- CNC turning
- Conventional turning
- Conventional drilling
- Conventional milling with a 3 Axis digital readout
- Polishing machines
The company’s manufacturing ability extends to the following areas:
- Valve sieves/strainers
- Flanged Foot pump strainers
- Gearbox and actuator installations
- Specialist custom designed valve
- Tie rods,
- Foundation bolts.
The quality team ensures that the ISO procedures are adhered to
Reconditioning is also an important facet of the business. In view of the general escalating costs we have succeeded in assisting our clients to keep their maintenance costs to a minimal, without compromising on quality. The expertise of our personnel who are familiar with the design principals of pressure vessels ensures that quality is not compromised. Component reconditioning and Valve reconditioning is in most cases a feasible route.
Our scope of supply extends to the following:
- Reconditioning of Boiler valves
- Reconditioning of Ball, Gate, Swing, Globe, Butterfly, Pressure Relief, Pressure reducing valves.
- Valve inspection and non-destructive testing
- Hard-faced stellite welding
- Ball and shaft grinding
- Precision machining of rebuilt parts
- Pressure testing and certification utilising a calibrated test rig
- Test facilities up to 500 bar pressure (calibrated)
Modifications to components and Valves are an important arm of the business.
Modifications on valves are conducted using Procedures as defined by internationally recognised valve standards. (E.g. ASME B16.34, BS4504, ETC) All modifications undergo meticulous testing before being despatched. This would involve pressure testing, dye pen tests, etc.
The scope of valve modification work has grown immensely. Our resources allow us to be market leaders in valve modifications. Modifications of valves for CRYOGENIC SERVICES are an ardous task for most modification shops.
The following valve modifications were done:
- Oxygen preparation
- Steam jacketing
- Extension spindles
- Valve seat changes (from stainless to stellite 6(F6)
- Shaft material changes (From Chrome to Monel, Alloy 20, etc.)
- Gearbox fitting
- Actuator fitting
- Seat material changes (ptfe, carbon)
- Conversion of soft seated ball valves to metal seated.
- Conversion of soft seated check valves to metal seated..
- Conversion of standard butterfly discs to Alloy 20,etc
- General trim changes
- Stellite seats and balls
- Ring tight grooves on flanged valves
- Plugging of flange holes and drilling
- General profiling and laser cutting.
- Fabrication of pump canopies, etc
- Oxygen preparation facilities.
- Retesting and certifying of valves
- On site pressure testing of vessels and piping
- On site technical support
- Spray coating of Stellite or tungsten carbide on valves and machined components.
- Specialised welding with relevant certification as specified by our customers.
KIRA VALVES AND ENGINEERING takes pride in contributing to society and our customers’ businesses through products and services that underpin infrastructure and industry. The executives and employees are united in their commitment to these goals, and we look forward to your continued support and encouragement in our endeavours.