The headquarters of Phoenix Contact are at the centre of Germany, in East Westphalia-Lippe. Since its founding in 1923, the company has developed into a global player. Four German production sites and five international manufacturing facilities form the production network of the company.
This network guarantees market proximity and flexibility, with the same production competency everywhere, be it in Europe, America or Asia. No matter where they are in the world, our customers encounter the same qualities - the power and competence of a global player combined with the dynamics of a medium-sized company.
Phoenix Contact (Pty) Ltd in South Africa forms an integral part of this global organisation with the South African Headquarters located in Randburg.
Phoenix Contact South Africa is recognised as a leader in connection technology and maintains extensive inventories to service this market.
The company also has branch offices and warehouses in the coastal centres of Cape Town and Durban, a sales office in Port Elizabeth and is represented in several Sub Saharan African Countries, offering the highest quality products and unparalleled service. We also have an extensive network of distributors around South Africa to assist the customer.
Our actions are directed at the complete satisfaction of our customers. This includes not only quality products, but also the best possible consultation, competent service and prompt support.
We offer our customers high quality, durable products, co-operation from the beginning, joint project management, assistance in programming, consultation during installation and start-up processes, customer education and training classes.
Phoenix Contact guarantees quality products and specific solutions through Inspiring Innovations.
List of products and services:
CLIPLINE: Industrial Connection Technology
- Modular terminal blocks with IDC “fast” Connection
- Modular terminal blocks with screw connection
- Modular terminal blocks with spring connection
- Accessories, din-rail
- Marking systems
PLUSCON: Device Connection Technology
- IP67 fieldbus and Ethernet connectors
- Sensor actuator cables and connectors
- Heavy duty IP67 industrial connectors
- Data connectors
COMBICON: PCB Connection Technology
- PCB connection with screw, spring or IDC connection
- Pluggable connection with screw, spring or IDC connection
- Electronic housing for din-rail mounting
TRABTECH: Lightning and Surge voltage protection
- Class I & II protection for mains supply
- Protection for antennae and RF systems
- Protection for communications technology incl. ISDN and analog
- Class I, II and III protection for power supplies
- Protection for measurement control and regulation signals
- Protection for data networks including fieldbus and Ethernet
INTERFACE: Signal conditioning:
- Power supplies for 5V DC, 12V DC, 24V DC and 48V DC in single phase as well as 3-phase
- Wiring harnesses and pluggable connection for PLC’s, VARIOFACE
- Safety Relay
- Electronic switching contactors
- Power supplies, 24 VDC, single phase and 3-phase input
- PLC interfacing relays
- Signal isolation, repeating and conversion – MCR (also for EX applications)
- Serial copper to fibre optic converters
- Motor management systems
AUTOMATION: Technology for automation interfacing
- Industrial PCs
- Operator text displays
- Hubs and infrastructure
- Panel and field mount I/O (IP20) for all fieldbus systems
- Control technology for PC based automation
- Ethernet switches