Hans von der Heyde
10 Dawn Road
Tel: +27 (0)21 551 5247
Alt. Tel: +27 (0)21 551 2464
Fax: +27 (0) 86 671 6348
Send Enquiry | Company Information
Company News Thursday, November 08, 2012: Hans von der Heyde
An existing customer of HVDH SA, Alumanation, approached us with a need to expand their manufacturing capacity relating to newly developed products in their existing market.
Unfortunately previous interactions with other machine builders and service providers had not delivered the results they were expecting, and additionally Alumanation wanted to find a partner that would handle this new technical project installation from beginning to end.
Based on a trust relationship already established through the supply and after sales support of a log cutting machine, HVDH SA was given the go ahead to not only supply refurbished/ new bitumen application equipment, but also manage other service providers that would contribute both in services and other equipment. This other equipment included a mixing vessel and hopper loader that needed oil and electrical heating respectively.
The project involved the following activities:
- The design and fabrication of a bitumen application machine by HVDH SA using modern technology that would be able to manufacture not only existing products in the range but also be capable of handling the newly developed products. Importantly certain application principles needed to be replicated from an existing productive unit.
- The management and coordination of other equipment builders, namely that of mixing and hopper loading
- The management and coordination of service providers relating to electricity, compressed air and other utility supplies, such as heated oil, and the fabrication of a steel structure to support the production equipment.
- The moving and rigging of equipment from their place of design and manufacture to Alumanation's site and into their final agreed positions.
- The testing and commissioning of equipment according to the original customer need.
- Advising the client on certain aspects relating to material handling, productive processes and plant support with a view to making processes run more efficiently, with down time avoidance.