Abeco Tanks (Pty) Ltd
Circular Sectional Tanks
About Circular Sectional Tanks
In developing sectional steel tanks Abeco recognized a need for tanks that have the following features:
- Low cost hygienic storage
- Rugged and easily transportable
- Require minimal site preparation and foundations
- Quick and easy to install Can be installed using basic equipment
- Durable and long lasting
- Can be dismantled and re-erected at new site
Abeco Circular Sectional Tanks are easy to install.
Particular care and attention has been paid to the design of the tanks to ensure that tanks are easy to install so that they are suitable for the most remote and inaccessible places where facilities are limited.
About tank design and materials
- Abeco circular sectional steel tanks do not need concrete foundations
- Tanks can be installed on a flat, level and stable site covered by a bed of sand.
- If a concrete base is desired, a simple slab with standard mesh reinforcing will suffice. The base diameter should be 1m larger than the tank diameter.
- Slender tanks (tanks that are relatively high compared to diameter) may need to be fastened down for wind force.
- All components are lightweight, easy to transport and easy to man handle.
- Only simple tools are needed for installation.
- All parts and sealants needed to fully install the tanks are supplied.
- Pipe connection fittings are welded to shell side plates during manufacture before galvanizing.
- Tanks are supplied with access ladders, an access manhole and water level indicators.
- Tanks are of all bolted construction
- The tank shell panels are manufactured from carbon steel sheet.
- The shell panels are hot dip galvanized after manufacture.
- The side panel thickness is determined by the tank diameter and depth
- The minimum thickness recommended for sidewall panels is 2.5mm.
- Specially designed extruded rubber strips seal the sidewall panel seams.
- The tank roofs are made from galvanized steel roof sheeting.
- The tank roofs are cambered for water and dust run off.
- The floor of the tank is made from a durable vinyl sheet.
- A bed of sand or other suitable backing material protects the floor.
- Bolts and nuts are hot dip galvanized high tensile grade.
- All sealants are non-tainting, non toxic suitable for drinking water.
Click here for more Product Details from
Abeco Tanks (Pty) Ltd...