EngNet January Newsletter 2010 Tuesday, 26 January, 2010
Dear EngNet Visitor,
We are just about through the first month of 2010! I trust this year will be successful and blessed for both you and your company.
Thankfully EngNet had another good year in 2009 and on reflection, note a number of highlights of interest:
The Year That Was
- In June we launched a new version of the EngNet Directory with significant enhancements; including improved search capabilities, a new look and easier to use interface, payment gateway to facilitate clients adding themselves to the directory, and many others.
- Additional packages added – see www.engnetglobal.com/subscribe/paid_listing.aspx for details
- Year on year EngNet experienced a 35% growth in business – further endorsement of the excellent quality of our Products.
- EngNet is one of the finalists for this year’s Top Technology 100
- We have two new sales people (from the industry) – one started in January, and the second joins us from 1st February – please join us in welcoming Pauline and Francis aboard!
- To accommodate the new staff and from a need for additional space in other areas, we have taken up on the opportunity to acquire the offices next door and have already extended the existing space to include the new offices.
- 702 Radio Ad Campaign Launched in July. The campaign continues to work well in creating awareness.
- Media Partner – EngNet has partnered on a number of relevant industry conferences. The latest… “Project Financial Evaluation for Engineers” coming up in February - see below for details
- If you happen to be in our neck of the woods by driving along President Fouche past the Boskruin Village Shopping Centre – look out for our EngNet sign on top of the centre – especially at night, it is quite a beacon, making quite a statement
Upcoming Events in February:
Project Financial Evaluation for Engineers will be held between 8th and 9th February by Salvo Global. Attached you will find a brochure with full details of the conference. This Masterclass is ECSA CPD accredited
Online Media News:
Gartner: Mobile web will surpass desktop use by 2013
Just how important is the mobile web becoming for publishers? Gartner spells out various ways in its "Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users, 2010 and Beyond." The boldest prediction is that "by 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common web access device worldwide." Gartner believes that the number of smartphones or phones with web access will surpass 1.82 billion by '13, outnumbering the 1.78 billion PCs. The research firm warns publishers to be sure their sites are optimized for the mobile web or frustrated users will go elsewhere. Along with the growing power of mobile is the growing ability to pay electronically. Gartner says that by 2014, 3 billion adults globally will "be able to conduct transactions via mobile or Internet technology." Plus, by 2015, Gartner believes that context will be as key to mobile services as search engines are to the web. "Context will center on observing patterns, particularly location , presence and social interactions," the report stated.