GGB North America
Energy Bearing Applications
GGB is leading the way in hydropower bearings. We have the extensive experience, expertise and proven product performance to meet the ever-increasing global demands of the hydropower industry. Our high-quality HPF™, HPM™, HPMB™, GGB-CBM™ and DB™ hydro bearings are specifically designed for use in turbine wicket gates, operating ring axial and radial bearings and valves.
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE IN HYDROPOWER
GGB offers many solutions for renewable energy applications, notably in the hydropower industry where we have extensive experience and expertise. We can also provide bearing solutions for other energy applications including wind, solar, oil and gas, offshore, nuclear and tidal energy.
The Son La hydroelectric project in Northwestern Vietnam was supplied with made-to-measure, self-aligning spherical GGB hydro bearings. GGB designed and installed custom-made DB™ spherical bearings in the cam rollers within the heavy roller gates to provide ultra-low friction, maximum wear resistance and complete corrosion resistance. The environmentally friendly bearings are maintenance-free and have an estimated service life of more than 500 years.
At the Changheba hydropower dam in China, our GGB-CBM™ self-lubricating, bimetal bearings are used in a number of applications including the wicket gates, linkages, servomotors and operating ring adjustment mechanisms of new Francis water turbines. GGB turbine bearings were selected for the project by one of the largest OEM turbine manufacturers in the world, Harbin Electric Machinery Co. LTD (HEC), thanks to our expert technical support and the high performance properties of our GGB-CBM™ bearings, including longer service life, reduced maintenance, improved operation and lower costs.
Vietnam’s Machine & Industrial Equipment (MIE) chose GGB to supply bearings for the An Khe-Ka Nak hydropower project. GGB provided cylindrical DB™ self-lubricating bearings for the project’s radial gates and HPF™ axial bearings for the intake service gates. Even in wet, dirty environments and seawater exposure, the bearings offer absolute corrosion resistance, maximum wear resistance and a long service life.
OUTSTANDING SAFETY, QUALITY AND SERVICE
The high load capacity of GGB bearings provides significant savings in new hydroelectric installations. Thanks to their self-lubricating properties, GGB bearings do not require additional lubricants, avoiding the possibility of water contamination.
Maintenance-Free and Corrosion Resistant
- GGB self-lubricating bearings require little to no maintenance, the structure and composition makes them corrosion resistant in wet environments.
- Our bearing experts have the knowledge and experience to provide innovative solutions to even the most challenging applications. GGB is the industry leader in the development of advanced polymer bearing materials.
Quality & Environment
- Our HPF™ and HPM™ turbine bearings meet hydropower industry standards for turbine wicket gate applications and the self-lubricating nature of our bearings eliminates the need for additional lubricants that can contaminate rivers.
Flexibility and Product Reliability
- The flexibility of GGB bearings facilitates replacement of laminate fiber and bronze bearings in existing installations. Thanks to our network of worldwide employees, 10 manufacturing facilities and global supply chain of local sales offices and distribution centers, customers benefit from quick deliveries and product reliability.
EXCEPTIONAL RELIABILITY IN EXTREME CONDITIONS
GGB’s corrosion-resistant, greaseless HPM™, HPMB™ and HPF™ composite materials are specially designed for use in turbines, gates and valves, combining the self-lubricating properties of PTFE with the high strength and stability of an oriented, glass-fiber-filled epoxy resin backing. Machinable liner of HPMB™ composite bushing material offes attainable IT7 inner diameter tolerance with post-installation single point machining. With extensive experience and expertise in the hydropower industry, our HPM™ and HPF™ bearings meet the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ requirements for wicket gate applications in turbines per testing conducted by Powertech Labs in British Colombia.
GGB offers a line of high-quality, performance-proven bearings for a variety of applications including:
- Turbines: Servo-Motors, Operating Ring Sliding Segments, Linkages, Wicket Gates (Guide Vanes)
- Pelton Turbines: Injectors, Deflectors
- Gates: Intake Gate Sliding Segments and Rollers, Spillway Gates
- Ancillary Equipment: Fish Screens, Trash Rates
- Valves: Ball and Butterfly
GGB bearing experts are available to deliver solutions for hydropower and other renewable energy industries. GGB responds to each application’s specific needs with a vast range of standard or custom bearings to offer high load capacities, low friction and wear, long life, reliability, low water absorption for dimensional stability and excellent corrosion resistance.
Click here for more Product Details from
GGB North America...