Mimic Components CC
Alarm & Modbus Systems
The Adda APM4 micro controller based alarm annunciator system was designed for use as an industrial panel mount alarm system. This modular system comprises of 4 way panel mount alarm modules which wire directly to the field and a control unit which houses the pushbutton, inputs and power supply inputs as well as potential free contacts for the horn and trip functions. The alarm units consist of 4way alarm modules with field inputs and integrated displays. One control unit can drive up to 16 slave units , thus expanding the alarm unit to a 64 way alarm. With custom ribbon cables this limit can be extended to above 150 alarms.
- Each input provides for normally open or normally closed alarms via Dip-switch.
- Each unit provides for normally on (inverse) led drive e.g. For use as Mains On alarms etc. (Jumper setting on rear of unit)
- All slave modules have dip-switch settings for the following control options: First on fast flash / Manual or Auto reset /
- Ringback / and input fast or slow response time.
- The system is modular expandable - up to 64 slave units.
- The units are interconnected via a standard 10-way ribbon system.
- The master unit has pushbutton facilities for Lamp Test / Accept / Reset inputs as well as potential free relay contacts for Horn and Trip outputs.
- Optional opto-coupled inputs with additional external PSU.
Legend manufacturing and insertion instructions:
A Sheet of Laser printable and a sheet of ink-jet printable paper is supplied with each unit.
A Template for Microsoft Word is also supplied to simplify the setup for printing.
To Print the legend:
- Insert disk with template in disk drive. A copy of this template is also available as a download on our Website at: http://www.mimic.co.za
- Open template with Microsoft Word.
- Type text required into each alarm window. Bitmaps for pictures can also be inserted. (using insert picture macro)
- Once you are happy with all text and legends, print a copy on standard paper for final checking.
- If required save a copy of insert for future use. Use save as command.
- Insert special transparent paper and print final copy.
- Cut on outline of border.
- Remove bezel from front panel as well as clear plastic lens.
- Insert legend and replace lens and bezel.
Led Backlight colours
The colour of the back lit display can be altered by replacing the individual Led Backlight PCB's behind the front panel
First remove the front Black Edge Bezel, then remove the Clear Front Panel, the Legend Film, the Opaque Diffuser & the
three central Vertical Dividers. The Led PCB”S can easily be removed with your fingers. When replacing the boards with
those of the correct desired colour Note that the backlight boards have asymmetrical rows of pins that plug into the
sockets inside the annunciator. The unit is then re-assembled in reverse order of Vertical Dividers, Opaque Diffuser,
Legend Film, Clear Front panel & Black Edge Bezel.
The Led Backlight PCB's are available in two types,
1/ Single Colour
Red. Orange, Yellow. Green Blue & White.
2/ Three Colour Switchable
This unit can be switched between the colours Red, Yellow or Green.
Normally Open/normally closed:
Normally open alarm is activated when a positive input is present.
Normally closed: alarm is activated when the positive input is not present.
First on fast flash: The first alarm received flashes faster than the alarms
that follow. This function works in groups of four for each alarm slave unit.
Auto: Momentary (fleeting) alarms, Leds flash . Horn is silenced with Accept pushbutton, lamps go to steady. The alarm auto resets when inputs return to normal state:
Manual: Momentary (fleeting) alarms, Leds flash. Horn is silenced with Accept pushbutton, lamps go to steady. The alarms will only reset when the Reset pushbutton is pressed and the inputs have returned to the normal state.
Ringback: The ringback option will sound the horn for one second each time an alarm returns to the normal state. I.e. after
Accepting alarms in the Auto reset state or manually resetting alarms.
Input response time: This setting allows for each slave unit's input response time to be set. This allows for fast response on
required inputs or ½ second debounce on noisy input lines.
Internal functions: (alarm units)
Led invert function: This function allows for the inversion of the lamp output for normally on situations. This allows for alarm
inputs where the alarm must be activated when the led goes to the off state. E.g. Mains on lamps etc. The lamp will normally
be on and when the input is activated the lamp will start flashing, upon acceptance of the alarm the lamp will be cleared. Once
the alarm is returned to the normal state and the alarm unit reset the lamp will return to the normally on state. This function can
be selected by removing the internal jumpers.
Control unit functions:
Horn: The horn output is activated when a flashing alarm is active. This is silenced when the alarm is accepted. It is also active
in the ringback option as described before.
Trip: The trip relay is active whenever an alarm is active. This output is only cleared when all alarms are in the normal state.
Power Supply & Input Voltage Considerations
These ALARM units have the ability for the internal operating voltage to be different from that of the input circuit.
This internal operating voltage is 24Vand is fed via the ribbon cable from the Control unit. In systems where the Alarm Field
Inputs are direct fed (not opto-coupled isolated) a single power supply of 24VDC can be used for both the internal
electronics operation and for the field inputs.
How ever if you refer to Typical Wiring drawings A, B & C it is obvious that when the Link between terminal 7 & 8 is removed
and the Field Inputs are Wired as per B or C. Then it is possible to have Alarm units with different Field Voltages in the same
system. Please Note that this will involve the negative supply lines being commoned via the ribbon cable.
If the OPTO-COUPLED input cards are used the GALVANIC ISOLATION between the different Voltage Power Supplies can
Due to the flexibility of the design it is also possible to mix Opto and Non-Opto Input Cards in the same system, however these
differences can only be implemented on a per module basis.
If Alarm Modules are ordered with the optional Follow-Me Relays these are always operated at the same supply voltage as the
inputs and are run in parallel with these inputs. In this case the PSU's must be sized to handle the Relay operating currents.
Click here for more Product Details from
Mimic Components CC...