Paragon Precision Products is a family owned engineering company established in 1973 and recognised as a leading UK supplier of high quality precision turned/milled components to a wide range of industries.
Paragon is committed to optimising productivity and service by utilizing the latest CNC technology . Increased efficiencies are achieved through a Kanban facility and operating a “lights out” system whenever possible.
Paragon Precision has extensive experience in supplying components for both military and commercial applications and with a policy of continuous investment in technology and people we are able to meet the exacting requirements of our customers.
Products and Services
Our well-equipped CNC machine shop houses a comprehensive range of precision machining, precision milling machines and CNC precision turning equipment, all using CNC technology, that enable us to meet the exacting demands of our customers.
Our precision engineers operate a fully automated feature-rich CAMWARE system that provides extensive CAD drawing capability and design tools. This affords us the management and flexibility we need to consistently deliver the very best in CNC precision engineering.
A bonded store is available for customers’ materials and tooling and full traceability is assured with documentary evidence if required.
We are an ISO 9001 Quality Assured Firm and our expert team of precision engineers continually strive to provide the very best in terms of quality and service. Our strict quality assurance process covers first-off, in-process and final inspections, which are all carried out and fully documented by our Chief Inspector.
Capacity and Range
Our well-equipped machine shop houses a comprehensive range of CNC multi-axis precision milling machines/CNC precision turning equipment, which enables Paragon to meet the exacting demands of today's market place.
Our bar fed and chucking CNC lathes provides bar capacities up to 77mm in diameter and 250mm diameter for chucking in all ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
A combination of both sub-spindle and driven tool lathes mean that secondary operations such as cross drilled holes, flats, hexagons, slots and internal threads become a rapid 'single set-up' process, leading to reductions on both cost and production time.
Our CNC machine shop capacity includes:
- Citizen M32 sliding head CNCs
- Citizen L20 sliding head CNCs
- Miyano BNJ - 51 SY2
- Mazak quickturn 20B CNCs
- Mazak quickturn 10N CNCs
- Mazak nexus 250MSYs
Paragon operate a CAMWARE system that allows us to deliver the highest degree of quality and accuracy for all CNC precision turning/milling requirements. Our CAMWARE system provides extensive CAD drawing capability and allows CAD files to be imported and exported as a Mazatrol program, or output in G code for any other type of controller
Using CAMWARE enables us to:
- Automatically determine optimum precision cutting conditions
- Select the best tool from the database
- Instantly view as a 3D multi-view shape
- Fully customise the appearance such as screen colours, window locations, etc.
- Import .DXF or .IGS files for Mazatrol M-plus, M32, M2, T-plus, T-32, T2/T3 Mazak controllers
- Use standard CAD files to create Mazatrol mill or lathe programs
- Easily edit any existing Mazatrol program
The CAMWARE system also provides us with
- Comprehensive file management and data transfer
- Extensive on-line context-sensitive help files
- 3D tool path simulation, wire frame, and solid display
- Time study and tool collision check
- EIA/ISO CNC program output
With over 4 decades of experience in the engineering industry we have the capability to provide a total solution for all your product requirements.
Our particular areas of expertise are:
- High speed CNC machining on state of the art magazine bar fed CNC precision turning centres
- Shaft work with secondary operations such as cross drilled holes, high tolerance circlip oil grooves etc.
- Machining turned/milled components in a wide range of materials including inconel and titanium.
- Single set up for cross holes, flats, hexagons, slots and internal threads, giving a better quality product and substantial cost reductions
- High volume/high CNC precision shaft work using our range of Citizen L20 Sliding Head machines
- CNC precision turned components produced in small to large batch sizes
Our new workshop provides a clean and efficient purpose-designed operating environment where our expert team of precision engineers continues to produce the very best quality components to exacting specifications. This includes the very best in precision engineering using CNC technology for machining, milling, thread milling and CNC precision turning.