Business Development Manager (Engineer) - Huntersville NC
Business Development Manager (Engineer) is needed for a Permanent position with our power and automation client.
This is a position on the Technical Engineering Side not the product side. This individual will be selling Systems Solutions and doing direct sales with the customers and directly working with End Users. The ideal fit will have a EPC background (Burns & McDonald, Black & Veach etc...) Successful candidate will have started out earlier in their career as an Electrical Engineer in the Power/Transmission/Distribution.
- Location: Huntersville, North Carolina, USA
- Functional Area: Sales
- Division: Power Systems
- Our Client is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact.
- Pay Range: 90,000 to 114,000 plus bonus
Tasks: MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Member of the High Voltage Cable Sales Team focused on the development of customer relationships within the High Voltage CABLE NA market. Ensure that the appropriate systems solution is developed in line with customer needs and optimal solutions to those needs. Liaison closely with the Cable factory in offshore and the Grid Systems Business Development team to ensure market opportunity approach and opportunities are supported by CLIENT CABLE solutions. Drive the Capture Team Selling (CTS) process for key opportunities.
- Achieve/exceed Order target related to distribution automation solutions
- Take active personal role in sales. Be proactive in identification of opportunities, proposal preparation/submittal and closing of opportunities.
- Influence, understand and drive, to the external market, distribution automation strategies, current and emerging solution capabilities and strategic direction for solution capabilities
- Accountability for leading and proactive follow-up on specific sales calls with regional business sales teams and Front End Sales account managers
- Accountable to capture and drive opportunities into business by accurately articulating customer desires
- Identify key stakeholders in various business units by opportunity and build a cross-BU team focused on efforts with a major client; Ensure open communication among all team members successfully achieve a common goal
- Ensure collection and tracking of opportunities to allow for consistent response to customer
- Responsible for market intelligence and tracking of market share development and price evaluation and reporting thereof
- Oversight and communication of competitor developments
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships/alliances
- Achieve order targets for cable systems business
- Ensure US factory loading is aligned with production planning
- Identification of market opportunities and development of opportunities through close customer involvement.
- Provide the proper volume and gross margin to support financial goals
- Overall responsibility for technical positioning, competitor analysis and selling CLIENT CABLE value.
- Utilize technical experts in sales presentations/discussions to leverage CLIENT value.
- Develop/build strong relationships with the CLIENT front end sales centralized resources.
- Partner with the proposal efforts for specific opportunities
- Support the selective bidding process through full preparation and knowledge of customer needs and CLIENT solution fit.
- Maintain informative reporting through use of CLIENT tools
- Evaluate and manage risk assessment during proposal phase and review process for specific market opportunities.
- Achievement of targets on monthly metrics such as orders, margin, hit rate, proposal expense, etc.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting
Requirements: BS degree required in related study (electrical engineering preferred). Outstanding communication skills, Ability to drive challenges to successful resolution, Bias for action, Strong leadership and proven sales management, Strategic orientation and planning. True team player. Minimum of 5 years experience with a combination of engineering and business development/sales (experience in selling to the Power Systems market, Cable, switchgear, HVDC, HV ( High Voltage ) or EHV a plus). Experience in EPC environment a plus as well as exposure to both the transmission side of the power industry. Must be technically capable of interacting with customers in discussion around potential engineered solutions.