Ironically, their first year business in 1946 ran at a loss and Mr. North pulled out leaving Mr. Robertson to steer the ship. In 1956 Robertson was joined by Harry Harrington, and together they became sole owners and co director of North & Robertson (Pty) Ltd. Shortly after that, Robertson moved to Durban where he opened another branch.
In time, branches were opened in Port Elizabeth, Cape Town and in the Transvaal & Transkei. North and Robertson changed direction again in 1988, when Robertson and Harrington passed away within 5 months of each other. When the trustee of the company indicated that heirs were prepared to sell, it was decided that the group companies should be split, and employees Brian Tiltmann and Barry McLeod, who also recently retired, were given the opportunity to purchase the business the following year. In 1996, Brian's son, Brendan and Paddy De Lacy took over the business and have since been dedicated to company's success.
You can click here to send enquiry: Send Enquiry