Majestic Transformer Co
Majestic Transformer Company was established in 1942 as a rewinding house for various radio transformers and chokes. Over a period of time the service was expanded to manufacture new 'service replacement' parts and then into custom transformers and components to specification.
Today all our business is in the design and manufacture of new components including PCB transformers, single phase transformers and three phase transformers. We hold extensive stocks of our base materials to enable us to respond quickly to your requirements. Dispatch can usually be made from 7 days after receipt of your order.
We are able to supply a wide range of:
- Open Frame Miniature PCB Transformers - The trend to smaller power supplies necessitates compact, low cost PCB transformers with pcb mounting without sacrificing quality. By using ex stock materials, we are able to offer short delivery times, even on small batches of custom built PCB transformers.
- Single Phase Transformers - Typical applications for this type of single phase transformer are motor control, machine tool control, control panels, alarm systems, distribution boards etc. The single phase transformers are supplied as open types with universal frames for vertical or horizontal mounting and either terminal blocks or brass stud connections.
- Three Phase Transformers - Typical applications for this type of 3 phase transformer are motor control, machine tool control, control panels, machine voltage conversion, distribution boards etc. The transformers are supplied as open types with universal frames for vertical or horizontal mounting and either terminal blocks or brass stud connections.
- Audio Transformers - We are able to design & manufacture a wide range of mains and output audio transformers and also smoothing chokes. We do not hold a stock range of these components, preferring to match exactly the individual requirements of our customers.
- High Frequency Transformers - We can offer the full range of ferrite cored high frequency transformers and inductors utilising the Philips, Siemens, Thompson or MMG-Neosid ranges of materials. Delivery lead times are dependant on supplier stocks, however we are pleased to hold material stocks for regular items.
- Auto Transformers - Our transformers for this application are AUTO-WOUND with a secondary voltage of 110 - 120V and will suit most American domestic appliances.
Our sales staff are always pleased to discuss you problems and offer a customised solution.
We recently spent time developing a 100kVA shore supply unit to allow connection from most worldwide voltages into the ships supply. The unit was designed and manufactured to meet DNV marine regulations and BS EN 60076.
Our customer list includes:
- BAE Systems
- Various Universities
- Hamworthy Combustion
- Samuel James Engineering
- Marshall Specialist Vehicles
- Vosper Thornycroft
- De La Rue
Majestic Transformers has always prided itself on its ability to build a quality products like our miniature PCB transformers. To this end we recently had our QA system externally approved to the ISO 9001: 2000 standard.