Cygnus Instruments Ltd
30 Prince of Wales Road,
30 Prince of Wales Road,
Cygnus Instruments Ltd is the leading manufacturer of multiple-echo ultrasonic thickness gauges used for testing metal thickness through protective coatings. Cygnus Instruments have now also incorporated echo-echo and single-echo measuring modes into their units for measuring extremely corroded metal and heavy pitting.
The current range of surface ultrasonic thickness gauges from Cygnus Instruments includes:
- Cygnus 1 Intrinsically Safe: Certified intrinsically safe to ATEX Marking Group I & Group II and CSA Class 1 Group A, B, C & D Division 1. Requires no plant shutdown or hot work permit. Approved for use in mines. For use in Zone 0, Zone 1 hazardous areas.
- Cygnus 2 Hands Free models: With an end-mounted LCD display making it ideal for climbing and rope access applications. 'STANDARD' model uses only the multiple-echo technique for through coating measurements as specified by Classification Societies. 'PLUS' model incorporates multiple-echo, echo-echo and single-echo measuring modes for user versatility.
- Cygnus 4 General Purpose models: The Cygnus 4 models have a simple to use keypad, intuitive menus and a large colour LCD display. The 'STANDARD' model uses only the multiple-echo technique for through coating measurements. 'PLUS' model incorporates multiple-echo, echo-echo and single-echo measuring modes as well as featuring A-scan display and sequential data logging.
- Cygnus 6+ PRO: The most advanced ndt thickness gauge within the Cygnus range, featuring: multiple-echo, echo-echo and single-echo measuring modes; A-scan and real-time B-scan displays; comprehensive data logging; Bluetooth connectivity; plus much more.
- Cygnus Heavy Duty: Multiple-echo ultrasonic thickness gauge for use in tough and demanding environments where a rugged construction is essential.
As well as surface thickness gauges, Cygnus Instruments also has a range of underwater ultrasonic thickness gauges, these include:
- Cygnus DIVE: Depth rated to 300 metres, this divers wrist-mountable underwater thickness gauge has a large bright display making it easily viewable even in the poorest of visibility. Featuring live A-scan display for thickness measurement verification, data logging, optional HelmetView™ and incorporating multiple-echo, echo-echo and single-echo measuring modes.
- Cygnus Underwater: The original multiple-echo underwater ultrasonic thickness gauge, designed by Cygnus, provides accurate metal thickness measurement through coatings up to 20mm thick, using Deep Coat mode (avaliable upon request), and has been depth rated to 300 metres.
- Cygnus Mini ROV Mountable: Pressure tested to 500 m, the Mini ROV multiple-echo subsea thickness gauge has been specially designed to be mounted onto small observation ROVs with or without a manipulator facility.
- Cygnus ROV Mountable: The ROV mountable subsea thickness gauge is depth rated to 500 meters and use the multiple-echo technique as well as offering 'Deep Coat' mode for measuring through coatings up to 20 mm thick.
In addition to ultrasonic thickness gauges, Cygnus Instruments also manufacture an ultrasonic hatch cover leak detector used to test for water leaks and weather tightness of cargo hatch covers and doors.
You can click here to send enquiry: Send Enquiry